Sunday, January 13, 2013

13 Jan 2013
Seems like it's been forever since writing in my blog. Christmas went great. We had a great time at Jim's Moms house on Christmas eve with the family. Chris dressed up as Santa again this year and handed out candycanes. Everyone was so kind to him and sweet. Christmas morning Chris saw that Santa had been here. He had left cookies and eggnog out for Santa. We had a nice breakfast, openned gifts and then later in the day went to Moms. It was really nice at Moms too and we all had fun. Chris did really well. The next morning I went to the doctor for my allergy shot and then we headed to West Virginia for a week. Chris did pretty good on the trip but would get really tired each day. It was cold snowy and slick at times. He really hated the snow. We thought he might like it since we grew up with lots of snow but he didn't. He is very concerned with the sun now and always ask me if it's going to be sunny. Each day he would talk about the sun coming out. No such luck with all the snow and sleet. On the last day as we were heading out the sun came out. Chris was very happy. He had trouble with riding long amounts of time. When Chris would get really tired he would lean and a couple times his head was completely resting on his shoulder. It really worried me. After a good nights rest, he was fine the next morning. He did choke on our last night in the hotel room. He spit the chicken nugget out and was okay. Note to self: no more chicken nuggets. We had a wonderful time in WV and got to see everyone but we were all so glad to get back home. Chris had his doctor appt with our family doctor and I mentioned physical therapy to strengthen Chris' muscles so we can keep him from ending up in a wheelchair. the doctor said that medicare wouldn't cover it due to him having Down Syndrome and Alzheimers. That's like being discriminated againist him because of his disability. I don't understand how they can be so cold. I'm not giving up on it though. I'm going to check with the neurologist and see what he says. I really like and respect our family doctor but I'm going to do whatever I have to do for Chris. It's all about him. Chris is still declining at a fairly quick rate but he has moments that are so clear and insightful. He told me last night as we were watching a movie that he sure wished that Jesus would heal him. Breaks my heart to see him so worried or concerned. He shouldn't be worried about anything. He should have carefree days of fun and laughter. I've got to go tuck him into bed now. We have a full day tomorrow with lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment