Friday, October 26, 2012

26 Oct 2012
It's been quite a while since posting anything. Have just been really busy. Last weekend Jim, Chris, Mom and I took a weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains and over into NC. It was absolutely beautiful. The colors were breathtaking. I think Mom really enjoyed it. She had never been to eastern TN and NC. Chris had a good time too and evidently really enjoyed riding around because he has asked me every day since then if we can take a ride. Unfortunately, when we got home I got bit by something (I think a spider) and went into anaphylaxis. Jim and Chris rushed me to the emergency room and they took good care of me. If I hadn't gone I would be dead. Monday I go to an allergist and get to have the fun fun allergy tests done. It's important to find out what I am allergic to now. I have always been allergic to alot of stuff and had allergy tests done years ago but things can change so will be good to know what I'm dealing with. I now carry an epipen with me at all times now. Chris was so sweet during all of this. He was sitting in the ER room with me and he kept looking at me and asking me if I was going to be ok. Then he would ask me if I was still kicking. I would lift my foot up alittle and give him the thumbs up. I couldn't talk very well and I would try to smile but it was hard to do. My face was completely swollen and my lips were huge. Would have been a really scary halloween costume. The amazing thing is that since then Chris has been so clearminded. Every day he has been very alert and talkative and wants to go places so off we go. Sometimes it's just into town but he is happy. Tomorrow we are going to Jims sisters halloween party. Chris is going as a scary clown. He will be dressed to the hilt. I am going as a streetwalker and Jim is going as Romney. Should be a great time. Chris is super excited about the party. He talks about it nonstop. I hope he has a great time. I'm sure he will. We always have so much fun with Jims family. They all love Chris so much and treat him so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment