Thursday, October 4, 2012

4 Oct 2012
Well, this past monday I took Chris to the neurologist for his checkup. He is now on 100mg of Topamax longterm because of his seizures now. The doctor once again reminded me that Chris will not get better, he will get worse. I understand that they have to keep people in a reality check and prepare the family but I wanted to scream out "I $%@&! KNOW AND I DON'T NEED TO BE CONSTANTLY REMINDED!!!!!!!" It was a sad day and I wanted to cry all day. Just sad. Chris was in his fog most of the day. I had to feed him at the restaurant because he was shaking so much. Overall, he did pretty good though. Tuesday we had to take Mom to her appt. and once again Chris was in his fog. While we are sitting in the waiting room all of a sudden Chris looks at me and smiles real big and says "I know you!" I said you do? Who am I? He said "You are my sweet sister!" The clouds lifted, the angels sang and my heart soared.  He was just beaming and said he was so happy he was going to cry. He kept on hugging me and kissing me. I told him don't cry because then I will cry too. A little old lady in the waiting room said she was ready to cry too. Every person in that room was touched by Chris. They were all commenting about how sweet he was. This is why Chris is still here. He brings joy to all. He moved everyone that day and it didn't end. We went to the restaurant across the street for lunch and even though Chris was slipping back into his fog, the waitress and employees there were so kind to him and even fixed him an extra special bowl of ice cream. Chris brings peace and love and joy everywhere he goes. He makes people happy and the world needs people like him. I am so very proud to be his sister and am blessed that God chose me to be his sister. Sad days but Chris' love see's us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment