Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 Oct 2012
Happy Halloween! The party was alot of fun at my sister in laws. Jim couldn't make it; he was stuck in traffic in KY because of a HazMat spill on the highway so Chris and I went on by ourselves. The costumes were a hit. Chris looked so good and he really got the attention :) I'm the one with the pink wig and my sister in law Carol is the witch. We then spent the night with my mother in law because I didn't feel like driving 2 hours back home. We really had fun and I miss all of them so much. I don't get to see them that often so Chris and I are going back in a week or so and spend the night with Mary, my mother in law, again. She is so kind and sweet to Chris. She really loves him and he is crazy about her too. We are still doing our daily drives. Chris calls them field trips. Today we went to the post office and rode around alittle. Met Jim for a late lunch and Chris liked that. Tomorrow we are going to the store to get Mom groceries. Chris is not standing straight upright anymore. He leans over alot. I told him yesterday to try standing straight and tall and when he did his face went kind of white and he said his back hurt. I asked him where and he pointed to his lower back. Then he said he needed to sit down, he couldn't stand any longer. Another thing to watch with him. I don't know if he hurt his back, his back is weak from lying in bed alot or sitting in bed watching tv or if it has to do with his muscles weakening due to alzheimers. If it bothers him or his standing or walking gets worse, I will ask the doctor. I guess they could do xrays but then what? I very much doubt they would do surgery since going under anesthesia is somewhat of a risk for someone with Downs and also the alzheimers plays a part in that. My appointment at the allergist was interesting and informative. The doctor believes it was fire ants that stung me, not a spider bite. So, I go back for allergy tests on all venom insects. At least I feel really good now and am not so worried about getting bit or stung again. We do have fire ants on our property (they are everywhere around the state) so we have to watch out and see about getting rid of them. I worry about Chris too because he probably wouldn't pay alot of attention to ants or something like that around him. Am posting other halloween pictures from the party. One is of our nephews girlfriend dressed as a cowgirl. Chris really took a liking to her and she was so sweet and attentive to him. We are blessed to have such great family and friends in  our life that are so kind and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment