Saturday, July 14, 2012

14 Jul 2012
Things have been going pretty smooth lately. Mom's arm was still hurting her so she is now taking physical theray for it. Monday, wednesday, and friday each week. Talk about running all the time; plus Chris had a doctors appt too. The therapy seems to be helping Mom. We actually have been having nice times together with not too many upsets. Thank you God!!! Chris does get alittle confused that we are going over there every other day. He's so afraid that I will leave him there. I reassure him but he still asks me every time. His bladder control problem still is an issue. The doctor said that risperdal blocks the part of the brain that alerts him to when he needs to go. It also is causing him to shake some. However, the hallucinations have almost stopped. He still gets upset when he gets confused about things but I do believe that the medication is helping. He has been so happy and giggily lately. That makes me so happy when I hear him laugh. Our little cat, Orville, has been sleeping with Chris every night. Chris loves that. Chris and Orville are buddies and they play with a string and I can hear Chris talking to Orville. It is so funny. Chris just talks to him so seriously like he would to anyone else. The only bad thing is that Chris keeps forgeting who I am. He corrects himself pretty quickly but still it just grabs at my heart each time it happens. I wonder if that is normal for the alzheimers patient forgets the caregiver? I remember my Dad being so hard on my Mom and us when he was in the nursing home. He accused us of trying to kill him. They say that the patient is always the hardest on the one's closest to them. Maybe it is the same with alzheimers.

No comments:

Post a Comment