Monday, February 18, 2013

18 Feb 2013
So much has gone on. Last wed, the 13th, Chris and I were going to Moms and taking lunch and eat with her, getting the guardianship paper from her and then going to the appt. with the lawyer regarding getting guardianship of Chris. I called Mom before we left the house to see what she was wanting for lunch; no answer on her cell phone. Tried it several times so I then called her house phone; no answer. After numerous calls (by then we were on the road, on our way to her house) I called Jim and said something is up. I got to Moms house, let myself in and there was Mom lying in the hallway. She said she thought she broke her hip. She fell in the kitchen and crawled to the hallway. We got there about 1:30pm. She had fallen about 10am. Called 911, ambulance took her to Jackson and they did surgery that night. She did well through surgery and is now at a nursing home in Parsons. They think that she will be up walking and be able to go home in maybe 4 to 6 weeks. I don't think so. She is lying in bed and can't stand on her leg, much less walk. Besides this going on, Chris is having more and more difficulty walking and we went to Walmart saturday and when we got back out to the car, We followed our routine like we always do. He leaves his walker by the car, walks around and gets in the car. He left his walker, started to walk around the car and either tripped or lost his footing and fell. His face hit the brush bar on the front of the Jeep and then he fell on his back. I dropped everything and ran to him and fell kindof on him. His nose was bleeding so bad. He was crying. I got him to sit up and out of nowhere a man comes up and says "Can I help you get him up?" I said yes and I was thinking, my back is not going to be able to do this and out of nowhere another man comes up and says "Wait. Let me help get him up." Thank God for the angels. They got him up while I held kleenex to his nose and they got him around to the door and got him in the jeep. I had left my purse and our cart of stuff just sitting out in the lane and thank you God once again, no one messed with it or took off with my purse because I sure wouldn't have noticed. I took Chris to the ER to be checked over and they took xrays of his nose. It was not broken. They looked him all over; scratched up knee but other than that he was ok. His back is hurting some now so I'll call the doctor tomorrow. I think maybe he should have xrays of his back. He has fallen on his back 3 times now and it does seem to be bothering him. It is so hard for him to describe pain or tell someone where he is hurting. If you ask Chris he always says he hurts all over. It has been a very bad few days and before Mom fell she had gotten mad at me and had called me a spoilt brat, not a nice person and a bitch. I am just so worn out and emotionally exhausted. It's getting harder and harder to deal with everything. Add to that complete burn out and I know that I need to get someone to help with things and help with Mom and Chris too at times. Today, Chris was in a terrible fog. He ket falling asleep off and on today and while we were at the restaurant eating he started crying and said he was hurting. I told Mom about Chris falling and his nose bleeding and all she could say was she knew what that was like to fall. She didn't ask how he was or seemed concerned at all. I don't really know why I expected her to be. My sweet precious Chris is slipping away and I feel like I can't give him the attention he deserves and needs. I'm just going to have to have someone deal with Mom so I can devote my time to Chris. Not to mention that I also need to devote time to my marriage. Someone that has not been a caregiver could not understand how it effects every corner of your life. How everything in your life changes. I'm not complaining about taking care of Chris. I knew I would always be taking care of him and I love him dearly and would do anything for him. But taking care of Chris AND Mom is too much. I can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment