Tuesday, February 26, 2013

26 Feb 2013
So I got the results back from Chris' xrays and he has arthritis in his back. Right now, the doctor recommended Chris take aleve for the back pain because ibuprofen helps with inflammation and Chris has pain pills if it hurts real bad. Nothing can be done for it. Chris seems to be comfortable for now and that's good. We are going for my weekly allergy shot tomorrow and then will go see Mom. She has been nice to me ever since she told me the other night that she apreciated me. Now, I'm not expecting her to always be this way. (Too much history between us) but after she also said that she neglected me and my older brother, which was very true, and I told her that she did the best she could do; I made the decision to forgive and move forward with Mom. Not go backwards into the past. It was as close as I will ever get to an apology from her and I'm okay with that. How I react from here on is all up to me. I have made the decision to move forward.....EVEN if she goes back, I won't! She did do the best that she could do. Was it good? No. Was it enough? No. Was she capable of giving more? Probably not. She just wasn't meant to be a mother. Some people aren't. Anyway, I am really working on me to be the best that I can be. Jim and I are doing great. Chris is happy and his appetite has been very good! He forgets and I deal with it and we move on. He has been able to feed himself the last couple of days. Chris is so sweet. I know I say that alot but it's true. His soul is so pure and he's gentle and kind and loving. He might have alzheimers and is having health issues but his light shines brighter than anyone else I've ever known and I have been blessed to know alot of truly good people. Lots of appointments coming up with lawyers and doctors and the nursing home. Praying everything goes well with all.

No comments:

Post a Comment