Friday, March 30, 2012

30 Mar 2012
Just got home from a 2 day visit to my Mother in laws. Chris is so close to her and she's so great with him. I thought it would be good for him to go visit everyone and relax. He had a great time and all the way home kept saying "I had so much fun at Marys". He did very well on the trip and was in great spirits. He did have a bad dream last night and said he was scared and thought he was in trouble with someone. I talked to him and he soon went back to sleep and did great. I wonder if alzheimers patients have more bad dreams and nightmares than others? Chris never had bad dreams before but he has alot now. Perhaps it is more than just a dream but the confusion that sets in too. He does get so confused at times. The strange thing is that he knows alot of times that he is confused, he knows it doesn't make sense to him, yet he can't figure it all out. I hate to see him confused, scared, and upset. I feel so helpless at times and I want to scream at the unfairness of this damn disease. I get so frustrated by it all. Ofcourse my frustration is nothing compared to what my sweet brother feels. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family I have married into. Everyone is so loving and absolutely embraced my brother with no problem. They are so good to him and spoil him everytime they see him. Today, every thing is great and Chris is doing so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment