Wednesday, August 15, 2012

15 Aug 2012
The weekend was fun for us. We had a great time at our brother in laws birthday party. Chris did real well. He ate good and visited with everyone and had fun. He also flirted with all the women and has new girlfriends now. He's such a sweetie. Everyone was so kind and good to him. He got more hugs than the birthday boy lol. I figured he would sleep all the way home on our 2 hour drive but he was awake and talked the whole way. Today is another story. Chris has had a bad day today. It started this morning when I was changing him and putting his new pads on him. He said he was hurting and kept trying to sit down on the floor. I told him to sit on the bed and he then said he was so dizzy. I told him to lie down for a minute. His eyes looked crazy. He laid back and then his eyes were rolling back in his head. Scary. I stayed by him and kept talking to him and he came out of it and said he was fine. I think that maybe it was a small seizure. We went with Jim to his doctor appointment and I told the nurse what happened and she told the doctor. He said to watch him and if it happens again he wants to see him. It could have been just dizziness but you never know and alzheimers patients do have seizures so it is a concern. The rest of the day Chris was just in a daze. He was in a fog all day. Confused and tired. He fell asleep several times while we were out running errands and shopping. My poor baby brother. He kept forgetting who I was and then was asking me if Mom was coming home soon. I asked him coming home from where and he said she was at the store and would be home soon. I told him Mom was at her house and was going to get into explaining that she didn't drive anymore and wasn't at the store and etc...but caught myself and just said she was at home and okay. He frowned alot today and I have learned that when he frowns he is either concerned, confused or both. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment