Saturday, August 25, 2012

26 Aug 2012
Friday we had to take Jim back to the doctor again because he had gotten so much worse with his dizziness and he was having double vision also. The doctor said he needed to get to a neurologist so he got ahold of one that would see Jim and off we went. An hours drive later we are there and it was confirmed that Jim did have a massive stroke at the base of his brain stem. When the neurologist said where the stroke happened, I was sick. My Dad died from a stroke at the base of his brain stem. It had shut down his whole body. Thank you dear Lord that Jim's wasn't as bad. He is still weak and dizzy and is having alittle trouble with his speech but he is actually doing pretty good. He is home resting and I am now taking care of 3 people. Don't get me wrong; I am not complaining but I wonder just how much I can take and handle. God surely must think I am a pretty strong person and He has alot of faith in me; certainly more faith in me than I do. Chris is doing pretty good today. He had several bad days but today has been good. He keeps checking on Jim and is very concerned about Jim. They are buddies and Chris loves him so much. Today was alot of running from Chris' room to our bedroom attending to both of their needs but I did it and it worked out okay. I am really worried about Jim and his health. His stroke in 2010 scared the you-know-what out of me and for him to have had another one is frustrating and cause for concern. We have really got to watch the diet better. His blood pressure has been alittle high lately and his cholesteral is high. I think I am really being tested and pushed to the max right now but I can do this. Lol, I don't have a choice. When you love someone you do whatever you have to do to care for them. I love Jim so much and I love Chris so much and I can't imagine life without my two important men. My husband and brother mean the world to me. I thank God every day for them and their love. I'm a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment