Tuesday, September 25, 2012

25 Sep 2012
Took Chris to the doctor yesterday to have his ears flushed out. People with Down Syndrome have a curved ear canal and they all have trouble with wax buildup. I had been cleaning his ears out with hydrogen peroxide but it wasn't doing it so the doctor flushed them out and Chris is so happy because he can hear again. His hearing had gotten so mad. The important thing too is that when he couldn't hear well, he was even more distant with us. The alzheimers puts him into his own world alot and then not being able to hear made it even worse. When we left the doctors office yesterday, he talked all the way to Lexington where we shopped. It was funny because he went on and on about how he could hear. He laughed and was a happy boy. We went to Moms yesterday and took her some chicken. My God she loves chicken lol. We are going back there today because I forget to bring her medicine I got for her and I forgot to have the doctor sign a paper so I can get the handicap card for the car. I am so forgeful! Chris picked out more halloween decorations for his room and he also picked out a scary clown mask. It looks like the clown "It" from the Stephen King novel. He spotted it and said can I get this? I said are you sure you want that? He said yes and I said you know I'm really scared of clowns and he said I know. Lmao!!! That's my Chris. When these moments surface of the old Chris that I grew up with and love so very much, it just makes my day. He's in there. Sometimes he doesn't come out but when he does I cherish it and am so happy and grateful. I say I love my brother so much but I can never truly express how deeply I love him. Words can not describe the love I have for him. He is perfect in  my eyes and I am so very very lucky and blessed to call him my brother my buddy my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment