Saturday, June 30, 2012

30 June 2012
What a week! Took Chris for ct-scan on Monday. Got results back from doctor; no change from January-THANK YOU GOD! That means no shunt to be put in for now. Chris is still having hallucinations so the doctor upped his Risperdal to 1mg. Chris has been doing really well this week but did have a bad episode saying that mean lady in his room was staring at him. He said why do people stare like that? He said it was mean and upset him and then he let lose crying so hard. My poor baby. I held him and tried to soothe him and calm him down. He relaxed after awhile but he was so upset. He talks alot about his illness and says he asks God every day to please help him. He keeps saying he is going crazy. I tell him he is not crazy, his brain is just doing crazy things. My heart aches when he gets so scared and upset. I love him so! Took Mom to the doctor on thursday; she has a pinched nerve in her arm. Took her to the hospital outpatient for xrays and then went shopping for her. The heat here is too much! I can't believe I'm saying that because I LOVE summer but triple digits is too hot. On the upside, today (just a few hours away) Jim, Chris and I are going to Georgia and North Carolina for 5 days. Chris is very excited to go and has packed and repacked several times. The stuff he packs is pretty funny and interesting. I told him he could take whatever he wanted and he took that literally! :) I hope this will be a stress free trip for Chris. I know that when he is doing things and around Jim and I, he doesn't hallucinate as much or get upset. Some confusion but we plan on him having a great time. Lots of pool time, great food, and lots to see and do. Happy 4th of July to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment