Monday, May 14, 2012

14 May 2012
This past weekend was so great. We went to Memphis on friday and came back home on sunday. We stayed with Jims Mom and had so much fun. Saturday night Jim and I went to downtown Memphis to see our Grandson Tre' and his band play at the New Daisy on Beale St. It was so awesome!!!!! We had such an awesome time! Chris stayed with Jims Mom and he did so well. He loves Mary so much and she loves Chris. She is so good with him and she is a retired nurse. I'm sure he kept her entertained. We got Chris some Elvis glasses with sideburns on Beale St. and he loved them. He wore them everywhere on sunday. We took Jims Mom to church and I was afraid he would wear them in church lol. After church, we all went to Jims sisters house for a birthday celebration for Jims Mom. Great food, great people and as always it was perfect. Chris ate good the whole weekend, didn't have any problems to speak of and was so happy and cheerful. He really didn't like Jim and I going out saturday evening without him but we told him we would be back soon and we kind of slipped out while Mary was talking to him. Mary said he only asked once where we were so that was good. I also called and checked on them and she said he was doing real good. I have to say it was so nice to be able to get out with Jim and have some time to ourselves. I had never been to Beale St. and we walked up and down it looking in shops, eating great food, drinking yummy drinks, and ofcourse getting to see our grandson play with his band. It was so wonderful to see him up on stage where Bob Dylan, Todd Rundgren, Nirvana, and etc...had played. So So Proud!!! I think the medication that Chris is on is really helping. Everything is really great right now and I am enjoy every second of it for I know that we have no idea how long it will last but I will take it, embrace it, and appreciate every second! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment