Friday, May 18, 2012

18 May 2012
Chris has had some pretty good days. Yesterday he rode in the truck with Jim and boy does he love that! He loves to do things with Jim. He calls it guy to guy stuff. It's really good for him to get out and do things with Jim. When they got home, Chris talked about it nonstop. This evening I am working on Chris' presents because tomorrow my sweet sweet brother turns 49!! I'm making him a chocolate cake as per his request and we are having pizza, chips, dip, popcorn, and cotton candy. All the things he loves and he said he wanted for his birthday. I thank God that my brother is able to tell me what he wants and is looking forward to "his day". It will be a great day and I cherish these times with Chris. He certainly has his moments of confusion and hallucinations but he is doing so well and I am so proud of how he handles everything. He keeps his room straightened and tries so hard. I will say that the other day he filled his pad that he wears and when I went into his bathroom there was potty everywhere and I do mean everywhere! I don't know how he did it. It was also in his bed, and on the floor in his bedroom. Not sure what went on there but we got it cleaned up, changed the sheets and got a shower so I told him not to worry about it. On the upside, he did know that it was wrong and a mess, but I didn't want him to be upset over it and obsess over it which he does do sometimes. He does know when he does something that he shouldn't but sometimes doesn't know why he did it. The strange characteristics of this disease. Overall, I think he's doing really good right now and we will take that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment