Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 May 2012
Very long day today. Got up early, got myself and Chris ready (Jim got himself ready lol) and off we went to get Mom and take her to Jackson for her weekly wound center visit. Then it was off to Memphis to get Jim's truck after 2 weeks of having it overhauled. Jim went on in his truck so he's back to work and I got to drive me, Mom, and Chris back home through rush hour traffic in Memphis. Ugh!!! Long long day. Chris and I are back home now and he is in bed asleep and that's where I should be but I'm still winding down. Jim is on the road and after him being home for 2 weeks I miss him so bad. Chris has had some really good days recently but tonight on the way home, he was confused about Jim not coming home and I kept telling him that Jim wasn't coming home tonight and Chris just couldn't grasp that. Then, he started crying and saying how he missed Jim so much. I tried to comfort him but it was hard because I miss Jim too. I let Chris talk to Jim on the phone and I think that really helped. Chris stilled talked about Jim coming home and he thought Jim was going to surprise us but I finally just so of let it die down without saying much. Sometimes it's better to not say too much or correct him too much about something. I just let it slide by or change the subject. I don't want Chris to worry about things and when I see that he is worrying or obsessing about something, I try to change the subject. I do think his medication he is on now is working. The Aricept seems to be helping the confusion and hallucinations and the Topamax seems to be helping with his head pains. Hope this continues. I also give him vitamin E with his Aricept because that is suppose to help the Aricept work better. It's the "Do whatever I can" treatment to help my precious precious brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment