Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Apr 2012
The last couple of days have been good. Jim is still home so we have enjoyed that. Chris has been doing good. Some head pains but not too bad and short lived. He hasn't had any confusion to speak of either. Happy Happy!!!! Yesterday, we went and got Mom and went to a greek restaurant for some authentic greek food which was delicious! We all ate like pigs and had a great day. They gave us so much food that we all had plenty of leftovers to take home. Yummy lamb and cucumber sauce. :) Mom was in pretty good spirits yesterday too which was nice. It didn't start out that way when I called her but she was happy when I told her to be ready to go and we'd be there in a 1/2 hr. I think she likes being at home by herself but she does get lonely so I guess I need to give her alittle bit more attention. It's difficult because I am doing about all I can do but I will try. Things are going good overall and I am grateful for that. I also know that things can change in an instant so I appreciate the good times when I get them. I think we are going to get out again today and take Chris somewhere. He does better if we take him out and he gets more mental stimulation than just sitting at home watching tv which is what he wants to do all the time. I have noticed something strange; he doesn't like the shows and movies that he use to just love. I dvr Dukes Of Hazzard for him and he doesn't care about watching them. For all you people that know Chris, you KNOW he has always loved the Dukes Of Hazzard.  He still loves Home Alone and watches it all the time but he doesn't care about alot of the old movies he loved so much like Shrek, Bedtime Stories, etc. It is weird how his likes and dislikes have changed. I suppose this has to do with alzheimers but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment