Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 Apr 2012
I love this. I got it from my husbands cousin.

"Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hate. It is a power that breaks down the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness." Corrie ten Boom

I am learning to do this. It isn't always easy taking care of Chris and my Mom as well. What makes it hard with Chris is that my heart hurts so much seeing him have to go through all of this and having to deal with this wicked evil disease. Other than that, Chris is an angel. He is always so sweet and he appreciates everything and tells Jim and I all the time that he's thankful for us and ofcourse, we feel the same about him. He is always a joy to have around. He is entertaining and reminds me every day with his great attitude to keep my chin up and be thankful for everything that God has given me. My Mother, on the other hand, is the opposite. Sadly, she is not satisfied with anything and is very negative. The resentment builds in me because I truly am trying to do the very best that I can but it's not good enough for her. I need to remember that I am doing good and she wants for nothing. If she complains, I know it's not valid. I KNOW I'm doing the best thing for her. I KNOW I treat her well and take care of her needs. "Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hate. Forgiveness breaks down the chains of bitterness." I need to remember this every second of every day.

Chris is doing well today. He is very concerned about Jim not being home though. Jim is on the road and won't be back until wednesday evening. He said last night that he thought he saw Jim outside. This has happened before. I try to explain to him that Jim is in Kentucky and no way he could be here. I have read that some doctors say not to correct an alzheimers patient. I do see that in some instances maybe but not in this case. There are some times that I need to show him reality and tell him the truth. If I don't, he will worry more and more and get upset and the whole goal is for him not to get upset and confused. I try to keep everything as consistent as possible, to try to keep him calm, to try to reassure him.

No comments:

Post a Comment