Wednesday, April 11, 2012

11 Apr 2012
Where to begin? Well, every wednesday I take my Mom to the wound center at the hospital to have her dressings changed due to diabetic ulcers. Ofcourse, I take Chris with us and two people on walkers can be difficult and almost comical. Today, Mom acted like a child and didn't even seem to be concerned regarding anything to do with Chris. Some days its just almost to weird and bizarre to even deal with. I think she gets jealous when I'm dealing with Chris and taking care of him. I know this blog is basically about Chris and his alzheimers but this is also part of our journey. I'm taking care of two children; my 87 yr old mother and my brother. Some days I am so beat and exhausted that I can't even think straight. I get home and I just sit and vegetate. Chris did really good today, thank God. He did have his more and more common "brain freeze" but the doctor said that at this point it could just be cluster headaches due to the chemical changes occurring with the alzheimers. My sweet sweet brother. He has such a positive attitude with everything in life. He brings me such joy. He also is so wise in so many ways. He understands that Mom has her weird ways and he has so much insight on how to handle everything. I wish I were that patient and wise. I think the Serenity Prayer could be my anthem. I have got to accept the fact that I can't change so many things and I have got to learn to deal with that. Okay, enough. I guess I've vented enough for now. Tomorrow is a brand new day with a brand new set of problems and a brand new set of joyful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment