Friday, April 13, 2012

13 Apr 2012
Well, its certainly been a friday the 13th kind of day. Chris and I went to the post office to express mail Moms tax papers because she is the worst procrastinator ever lol. We then went to Wal Mart to get medicine and some neccessities. My Mom has a panic button "Lifeline" and they called me saying that she had pushed the button that she wears around her neck and they called her house and there was no answer. We finally got that taken care of; she was fine. Her nurse was there and they couldn't get the machine to stop squawking so they keppt pushing the button thinking it would stop. Hmmm; when the company called me they said they were calling 911 and have someone go to her home and I told them her nurse was there so it must be something going on with the machine. Anyway.......it was all drama with her and I told her that they got it to stop and not to worry about it but it was all she could talk about. It's not really that funny yet it is. As for Chris, he did pretty good today. Had a few head pains and was more tired than usual today but by late afternoon was feeling good. We met my husband for supper; he had to head on to KY tonight with work. Chris sure does love my husband. Everytime the phone rings, Chris always asks me if it was Jim. He also asks me a million times a day when Jim is going to be home. When I tell him that Jim is going to be out in the truck overnight, Chris does not like that at all. It's really a wonderful thing to see how Chris has bonded with Jim. Chris needed a male figure in his life so badly. We have been working in Chris' activity books and he is doing really good with them. He had forgotten so much that he had learned in school and some of it is coming back to him now. He also is reading his Bible every day and that is so good for him too. Tonight, when I tucked him in bed, he told me to look beside him and there was our little cat, Orville, sound asleep. Chris had tucked Orville in under the covers. It was so cute. Orville sticks to Chris like glue. Our big cat, Homer, then came into the room and got up on the bed beside Chris and Orville and settled in. Chris started laughing really hard and said "Oh no, not two cats!" I told Chris good luck with that lol! I just love to hear Chris laugh and to see him so happy and content. Makes everything worthwhile and brings me such joy. These are the moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment