Monday, April 9, 2012

9 Apr 2012
Easter turned out to be a great day. I made a great dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, baked beans, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, homemade bread, and a strawberry cake for dessert. We took everything to Moms house and me, Jim, Chris, and Mom had a wonderful time eating and visiting. I love it when everything works out right. Chris had one moment when his head was hurting really bad so he went to lay down but then he got back up pretty quickly and finished his meal. Jim, Chris and I played Wii bowling and Chris whipped us both. He loves his bowling. We hid eggs and Chris went looking for them and found every one. The easter bunny visited our house and brought a big basket of goodies for Chris including a funny alligator hat, playing cards, LOTS of candy, stuffed chick and bunny, 2 kites, and Jim and I got Chris a cross to wear. He was so happy. Also, in the mail saturday was his dogtag and bracelet I ordered him with all his pertinent info on it. Both say Alzheimers Patient and his contact info just incase, God forbid, he were to get lost or wandered off. I keep an eagle eye on him so hopefully that will never happen but it just takes a second. Today, Chris is still looking through his easter basket and watching Gunsmoke. I am so absolutely blessed that God chose me to be Chris' sister. I know of no greater gift than to be there for Chris and to take care of him. He is the sweetest kindest person and he brings joy to Jim and I every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment